With ShipAtlas you have the possibility to easily calculate a sea route from any vessel anywhere on the map. This is a great feature to have if you want to check which one of your two vessels is closest to a port, if your competitor is going to make the laycan, or if you want to see if your cargo is going to make it to port in time.
How to Create a Sea Route from a Vessel's Position
Steps to take:
1) Click on the Sea Route section in the menu on the left side of your screen
2) Choose "From a Vessel's position"
3) Enter the name of the vessel in the search field at the top of the screen or pick a vessel from the list of your recent searches. You can also use the funnel button to the right in the search field to use filters in your search.
4) Then click on "Choose Destination" field and search for the name of the port you want to include in your route.
Note: Keep adding as many ports to your route as you want by clicking "Add Destination".
5) When you have added the port(s) you wanted, you will see the route appearing on the ShipAtlas map.
Note: If it is unclear because of its color you can change the color of the route on the card at the bottom of your map.
6) If you want to access more information about the route, you can click on
"More Details" in the route menu.
If necessary, you can edit the speed and consumption of the voyage sailing this route. If you are happy with the given information, that is already there, just leave it be.
Step 7 (Premium Plan)
If you have the premium plan, it is time for you to save your route!
Simply click on the "Save routes" button at the bottom of the route information card. You can now easily find your way back to it every time you open the sea route calculator.
Unfortunately, this step is not available for the FREE and Standard plans.
You now know how to create a sea route from a vessels position in ShipAtlas
In the next guide, you will learn how to optimize your route taking into consideration the vessel's position.